ESG STRATEGY OF NOVOTRANS GROUP OF COMPANIES
ESG strategy aim: integration of ESG aspects and principles into all key managerial decisions to ensure the successful integration of the holding company into the modern transformational world economic model and to guarantee conditions for ESG financing of the Group’s projects.
ESG strategy objectives:
Е (for environmental management):
- Development of principles of a circular economy – introduction and implementation of production processes with closed circulating cycles for better achievement of non-waste production;
- Use of the best modern technologies in industrial ecology at enterprises;
- Introducing environmental monitoring systems at all Group enterprises to ensure strict compliance with environmental legislation;
- Initiating and implementing biodiversity conservation programs in the regions where the Group operates;
- Forming and developing a culture of responsible consumption among staff, including the introduction of separate waste collection at all the enterprises and offices of Group companies;
- Minimizing greenhouse gas emissions at the Group’s production sites and carrying out various environmental measures to reduce carbon footprint and environmental load;
- Introduction and development of energy-efficient technologies at all production stages;
- Introduction of an electronic document management system and the use of modern digital technologies in production processes to minimize the use of paper.
S (social management):
- Development of human resources, organization of in-house corporate training for staff retraining;
- Creation of motivation systems for professional and career growth, development of key competencies;
- Creating comfortable and decent working conditions, including maintaining wages above the industry and regional average, as well as providing an extended social package (free meals, transportation, accommodation, support for families with kids, etc.);
- Ensuring staff health and well-being: providing free medical insurance, organizing preventive measures for disease diagnosis, health resort treatment, as well as developing corporate sports and holding sports events to engage staff in healthy lifestyles;
- Inclusiveness, ensuring equal rights for all staff and preventing any kind of discrimination and forced labor;
- Strict compliance with all occupational safety standards, including the provision of all Group production sites with modern emergency and fire protection systems to guarantee staff safety.
In order to improve labor safety and the working conditions, Novotrans Group of Companies carried out a Special Assessment Study of Working Conditions. The study was organized in accordance with the requirements of the Russian Federal Law of December 28, 2013 N 426-FZ “On a Special Assessment of Working Conditions” and takes place at least once every 5 years or when working conditions change. According to the assessment results, all workplaces correspond to the class of working conditions 2 (permissible). Based on the study, measures to improve working conditions are not required.
G (corporate governance):
- Continuous improvement of the efficiency, quality, and transparency of corporate governance systems;
- Regular anti-corruption measures, ensuring information openness and transparency of the Group’s financial information;
- Digitalization of all production processes, automated management and dispatching, application of robotic complexes and modern blockchain technologies;
- Contributing to the social and economic development of the regions of presence: increasing the tax base, creating new jobs, building social and sports infrastructure, supporting projects in education, science, culture, art, and the spiritual development of kids and youth;
- Building up the base of customers and counterparties, which adhere to ESG principles of corporate management;
- Implementation of corporate charity programs aimed at supporting orphans, gifted kids, and people in need, as well as supporting projects to preserve historical memory and search organizations that excavate the battlefields of the Great Patriotic War, to promote patriotic, spiritual and moral upbringing of citizens.