President and Owner of Novotrans Group of Companies
Novotrans is among the leaders in the operator and car repair market, and is also actively developing new lines of business, creating objects of federal transport and production infrastructure. We operate onshore and offshore.
Our goal is to continue active business diversification and complete vertical integration: from construction of infrastructure facilities and production capacities to rolling stock repair, freight transportation in our own railcars and transshipment at the multi-purpose terminal Lugaport in the Baltics.
- Born in 1971 in Magnitogorsk.
- Graduated from Magnitogorsk Mining & Smelting Institute.
- Worked at executive positions in various businesses from 2003 to 2015.
- A shareholder and President of Novotrans Group from 2015 to present.
Participation in business ngos
- In addition to his main activities at Novotrans Group, Konstantin Goncharov is actively involved in the activities of the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs (RUIE), to which board he was elected in April 2016.
- He is a member of the RUIE Commission on the Mining Complex and the RUIE Commission on Transportation and Transport Infrastructure. In the latter, in particular, he runs the Sector for the Development of Non-Public Rail Transport.
- Since 2017, Konstantin Goncharov has been chairing the Russian-Greek Cooperation and Investment Council under the RUIE that has organized meetings between Russian and Greek business circles attended by over 80 Russian and Greek companies. The activities of this body were praised by Russian President Vladimir Putin during his meeting with the Greek Prime Minister in December 2018.
- In 2019, Konstantin Goncharov was elected chairperson of the new RUIE Sports Industry Commission. Its mission is to develop corporate sports and mass physical education, increase the investment appeal of sports for business, improve conditions for sponsorship activities, and develop mutually beneficial forms of PPP in the sports industry (also for reducing the burden on the state budget).
- Measures to support corporate sports developed by the Commission are included in the Strategy for the Development of Physical Culture and Sports in the Russian Federation until 2030 (adopted in November 2020).
- Since 2018, Konstantin Goncharov is also a member of the Presidium of SRO Union of Railway Transport Operators (URTO), a self-regulatory organization that brings together representatives from over 30 companies. URTO member companies together account for over 70% of the fleet of freight railway cars in the Russian Federation.
PARTICIPATION IN PERSONAL RATINGS, AWARDS, AND INCENTIVES
- In 2017-2020, Konstantin Goncharov was a winner of the federal rating Top 1,000 Russian Managers, entering the top 3 transport managers.
- Konstantin Goncharov’s activities in the operations of non-profit industry associations and corporate social responsibility (CSR) are marked by numerous commendations from officials: RUIE President A. Shokhin, Orel Region Governor A. Klychkov, and other government officials.
- Married, with 3 kids.
- Hobby: ice hockey. Plays on the Novotrans corporate hockey team as a forward.